Back to Hall of Fame
Amy Scheidt is a longtime active member of the Washington, D.C. Area Women's Bowling Association. Just to touch on a few of Amy’s performances:
- She had the association's highest series for 1964 and 1965;
- Association highest average in 1966 and 1970;
- Ranked second in 1970;
- Shot a record all events scratch score of 1,960 in 1962 Virginia State Tournament (a 217 average);
- Placed second in the WIBC Team event in 1964 with 2,920 (she was captain);
- She also has numerous city and state team and league championships.
Amy was instrumental in the formation of the local 600 Club. She is a past first vice president of this association and currently serves as a director. She also chaired WDCAWBA's national bid effort in 1964.
Amy is a life member of the Virginia State WBA and a member of its Hall of Fame. She served the VSWBA as secretary for 16 years. She was chair of the WIBC Nominating Committee and also served as a member of that committee. She was elected “Woman of the Year” in Arlington, Va., in 1964.
Amy Scheidt's outstanding accomplishments on and off the lanes are hereby recognized with her rightful position in the WDCAWBA Hall of Fame.