Dawn M. Fay grew up in a bowling family. Wanting to follow in her parents' footsteps, she joined the Warrenton (Va.) youth leagues at age 12; however, bowling was third on her list of priorities behind softball and basketball. Six years later, Dawn joined the adult leagues--bowling on two teams and subbing every chance she could. With her dedication and love of the sport, she steadily improved her average every year.
At 22, Dawn bowled in her first scratch event-the Virginia Bowling Queens (VBQ) tournament in Alexandria. It took her three years to finally cash in a VBQ tournament, but since then she has cashed in 30 of 33 events and holds the record for highest tournament pinfall-3,900 for 16 games for a 242 average. Dawn currently has eight VBQ titles (1996, 1999 , 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003 ).
Dawn has appeared in the Washington, D.C. Area Women's Bowling Association Top 10 ranking each year since 1994. In 1995-1996, she started her string of six straight seasons as the No. 1-ranked bowler, falling to No. 2 in 2001-2002 by less than 1/10 of a pin.
Among some of Dawn's other accomplishments:
- Professional Women's Bowling Association Regional Tournament Champion (Aberdeen, Md., 2003) and five other PWBA Regional Tournament cashes.
- Two PWBA National Tournament cashes (1997 & 1999).
- Three Women's International Bowling Congress Queens cashes (1996, 1999, 2001).
- The National Bowling Association (TNBA) Rhodman Classic Champion (2003).
- Five-time Harrod's Ladies Scratch Champion (2002).
- Virginia State Amateur Champion (Team USA Qualifier 1999).
- Virginia State U.S. Open Qualifier Champion (1998).
- Virginia State All Events Scratch Champion (1996, 1998).
- East Coast Women's Classic Champion (1995).
- Numerous Top 5 finishes in the Women's All Star Association (WASA).
- Four 300 games and an 817 high series.
Over the past decade, Dawn M. Fay's bowling accomplishments among members of the Washington, D.C. Area Women's Bowling Association have been unsurpassed. She is a most deserving addition to the WDCAWBA Hall of Fame.