Back to Hall of Fame
Tiffany Bell has been active in all aspects of bowling since her father, Cecil Franklin, a bowler himself, inspired her to bowl. Her enthusiasm, motivation, focus, and perspective on the game have been phenomenal and rewarding. While originally from Takoma Park, Maryland, Tiffany’s family moved to Fredericksburg, Virginia in 1979. She graduated from Oakwood College in Huntsville, Alabama and received a B.S. degree in Human Development and Family Studies. She bowled in several summer leagues during college, after which she bowled her first winter league in 1998-1999 in Huntsville and carried a 172 average.
Since that time, Tiffany continued to improve, as just a partial listing of her on-lane accomplishments reveals:
- Three 299 games, five perfect games, and two 800 series.
- Highest average of 227 (2006-2007) and 816 top series (2004-2005)—both house records at Bowl America Bull Run.
- Ranked in the association women’s “Top 10” for each of the last six seasons.
- Many-time league high average and team title winner.
- Four Virginia Bowling Queens titles and 15 “Top 10” finishes.
- WDCAWBA City Tournament Classic Division Team, Scratch Team, Scratch Doubles (with Terri Franklin), and Scratch Singles champion.
- 2003 Lilac City Ladies Team champion.
- 2004 Sweetest Day Mixed Doubles champion (Bobby Hall II).
- 4th Place, 2005 Sweetest Day Mixed Doubles (Chris Johnson).
- Big Daddy’s Women’s Tournament champion.
- Ladies Triple Threat Tournament champion.
- 6th Place tie in Rodman’s Singles Tournament, 2006.
- 4th Place, Rodman’s Singles Tournament, 2007.
- 2007 Spring Fling Mixed Doubles champion (Bobby Hall II).
- 2007 TNBA National Singles champion.
- Three-time winner, NCAUSBCA 600-700 Scratch Mixed Doubles Tournament.
She is a self-taught bowler whose accomplishments have all taken place within a nine-year period. Tiffany becomes especially motivated when competing against men; she and her sister would bowl against their older twin brothers to improve their games.
Staying focused, being consistent, and knowing what is at hand during bowling are Tiffany’s strongest assets. Her bowling colleagues admire her ambition, enthusiasm, and dedication as a bowler and team player.
Tiffany Bell’s achievements in the sport of bowling have earned her a coveted position in the NCAUSBCA Hall of Fame.